Ok, so everyone agrees Thanksgiving is the best eating holiday of the year, right? Not only do you eat the best food ever on the actual day, you get to make delicious creations like this with the leftovers. Oh yeah, Thanksgiving sandwiches might be taking a backseat to this pizza.
- 1 Ultimate Whole Grain Pizza Crust
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ lb. ground turkey
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- 3 Tbsp. fresh sage leaves, fried
- Preheat oven to 425. Add the oil to a small sauté pan over medium heat, and crumble in the turkey meat. Season with salt and pepper and cook through. Remove and blot off excess fat.
- Mash the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the maple syrup and cream.
- Spoon a thin layer of the sweet potatoes onto the Rustic Crust and spread to the edges. Sprinkle on the turkey, thyme and pecans.
- Bake for 8-10 min, until crust is golden.
- Finish with cranberry sauce dollops and fried sage leaves.