Shrimp Scampi Crostini
Here’s a new pizza idea from our hors d’oeuvres series. It’s simple and easy to prepare on the go.
Note: The great thing about making your own pizza is that the bare crust is just like a blank canvas. Let your inner Rembrandt have his way, and use the following ingredients in the amounts that taste right to you.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Cook the smashed garlic until golden, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic to a food processor; reserve the olive oil.
- Add parsley to the garlic and pulse to finely chop. Set aside ¼ cup.
- Add ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, and pulse to combine.
- Using the same skillet, heat the reserved olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Dust shrimp with flour, season with salt and pepper, and add to skillet, stirring for about 5 minutes, until opaque. Avoid overcooking. Stir in the reserved ¼ cup parsley-garlic mixture.
- Brush a little olive oil across the crust.
- Spread a thin layer of the ricotta-Parmesan mixture over the crust.
- Place shrimp over the crust – enough for one in each bite.
- Lightly sprinkle cheddar cheese over shrimp, just enough to hold shrimp in place.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley.
- Place in oven long enough for cheese to melt and crust to look lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cut in strips and then half-strips so you have appetizer-sized bites.
- Place on tray and serve.