Red Pepper Pesto Pizza
- Prep Time
- Cooking Time
Easy, quick, and one of Brad’s favorite pizzas. Make this when you want to take your pizza making up a notch!
Note: The great thing about making your own pizza is that the bare crust is just like a blank canvas. Let your inner Rembrandt have his way, and use the following ingredients in the amounts that taste right to you.
- 1 Rustic Crust Ciabatta Pizza Crust
- goat cheese
- caramelized onion
- roasted, white chicken meat
- balsamic reduction
- ¼ cup plus 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 3 Tbsp, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the red peppers, garlic, almonds, and cheese.
- Add 3 Tbsp. parsley, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 2 tsp. olive oil, and pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Pulse until a coarse puree forms. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread pesto over pizza crust.
- Sprinkle Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over pesto.
- Add caramelized onions.
- Follow with roasted white chicken. Remember you want a taste in every bite!
- Add coarsely chopped basil.
- Place dollops of goat cheese around.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction over all.
- Finish with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.