Pistachio Cream Sauce Pizza
- Prep Time
- Cooking Time
Bacon lovers, take note! This is your dream pizza. We’re talking bacon pizza with a pistachio cream sauce. ’Nuff said.
Note: The great thing about making your own pizza is that the bare crust is just like a blank canvas. Let your inner Rembrandt have his way, and use the following ingredients in the amounts that taste right to you.
- 1 Rustic Crust Tuscan 6 Grain Crust
- Pistachio Cream Sauce (see recipe below)
- Aged Gouda cheese, shredded
- Sharp cheddar cheeses, shredded
- Thick smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
- Pancetta, sliced and torn in pieces
- Prosciutto, sliced and torn in pieces
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Green onion, chopped
- ½ cup salted pistachios
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 cups spinach
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. red pepper
For Pistachio Cream Sauce:
- Mix pistachio, garlic, lemon juice, and spinach in blender or food processor.
- Gradually add olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Pulse in sour cream and red pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dollop the Pistachio Cream Sauce over the crust.
- Sprinkle cheese over sauce. The Gouda will enhance the flavor of the bacon.
- Add the bacons: pancetta, prosciutto, and smoked.
- Add red onions.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Finish with chopped green onion, and enjoy!