Fig, Pear, Arugula, and Goat cheese
Yes. A million times over. Pairing the tartness of goat cheese with bright bites of fig, pear, and refreshing arugula make this pizza recipe one to save (and savor). Just writing about it now makes us want to make it for dinner tonight. And tomorrow night.
- 1 classic sourdough pizza crust
- 2 cups of figs
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 ½ cups of mozzarella
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 2 pears thinly sliced
- 1 cup of fresh arugula
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Trim the ends of the figs and cut into quarters. Combine figs, wine, water, and shallots in a small saucepot. Cook on high heat until liquid has reduced by half and figs are tender. In a robot coupe or a blender puree the fig mixture
- Spread the fig mixture evenly to coat the top of the pizza crust, next add your mozzarella, goat cheese, and pears.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and delicious
- Finish with a healthy handful of fresh arugula