Classic Pizza Margherita with Sliced Prosciutto
Have we ever mentioned how much we love prosciutto? Because we really love prosciutto. Like, top 5 ingredient of all-time. And when you add it to a classic margherita recipe, you end up with a pizza you’ll make over and over. Well, at least we ended up doing that.
- 1 classic sourdough Rustic Crust
- 1 ½ cups of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of sliced mozzarella
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 oz. Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Evenly spread tomato sauce around the top of the pizza crust, next cover with sliced mozzarella.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until crust is golden brown and delicious
- Finish by nicely layering slices of prosciutto across the pizza, then spreading basil and a light drizzle of olive oil across the pizza