Grab a cold beverage, and fire up the grill. We’re bringing the pizza-making outdoors! This is a great way to use ingredients fresh from your garden. Note: The great thing about making your own pizza is that the bare crust is just like a blank canvas. Let your inner Rembrandt have his way, and use the following ingredients in the amounts that taste right to you.
Directions:For Balsamic Reduction Sauce:
- Combine 1 cup balsamic vinegar and 1½ T brown sugar in pan, and simmer until reduced to half.
- Heat grill.
- Spread olive oil over one side of the crust.
- Place on grill with closed lid for one minute.
- Spin crust so it cooks evenly.
- Grill another 30 seconds.
- Remove crust from grill.
- Flip crust over so you will be placing ingredients on the grilled side.
- Spread basil pesto evenly over crust.
- Add slices of mozzarella.
- Add tomatoes.
- Sprinkle fresh basil over the tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pie back on grill until cheese melts.
- Remove from grill and drizzle Balsamic Reduction Sauce to taste.