Crab and Artichoke Pizza Appetizer
- Prep Time
- Cooking Time
As part of our hors d’oeuvres series, here’s our take on the classic Crab and Artichoke Dip. Be careful, your guests will ask for more … and more.
Note: The great thing about making your own pizza is that the bare crust is just like a blank canvas. Let your inner Rembrandt have his way, and use the following ingredients in the amounts that taste right to you
- 1 Rustic Crust Ciabatta Pizza Crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 12 ounces lump crabmeat or other crab of your choice
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Stir in artichoke hearts, crabmeat, ½ cup Fontina cheese, pepper jack cheese, and Worcestershire sauce; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush one side of crust with olive oil.
- Spread dip in a thin layer over the crust.
- Add a little more Fontina cheese – only enough to hold dip in place.
- Sprinkle parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Place in oven for about 10 minutes until crust is nicely browned and dip is bubbly.
- Add some green onions for flavor.
- Cut the pizza into strips and then horizontally to create small pieces. Think about two or three bites per piece.